Sunday, March 1, 2009

Farmers Market and Rain checks




I visited a farmer's market today and got all this for $10! Well, technically $9.50 since I split the tomatoes with my mom-she took four and I have four. I was very happy since we haven't had fresh vegetables in a while. The kids were excited about the plums and strawberries. We have also planted some of our own veggies and they are starting to sprout. Hopefully, some of the plants will make it this time. I have aspirations of having my own garden and orchard, but unfortunately, I usually kill whatever I try to grow. But we keep trying, so maybe we'll get it right this time!




Rainchecks are a couponer's best friend! Especially if you're a couponer like me who seems to always run out of time and don't seem to get as much of the sale items as you wanted to each week. I used up some more of my rainchecks at Fry's this week from the last mega sale. I had more rainchecks for cheese, but I couldn't find any more coupons. I got 8 packs of Kraft cheese-free after rain check and coupons, 40 cans of Hormel chili-free, 2 loafs of Sara Lee bread-free, and 2 On-Cor dinners-$3.49 each. I have a few more rainchecks to use from this sale that expire in the next few days, so I have to make sure to use them.

2 comments:

Amiyrah said...

whoa! look at all that chili! way to go on the rainchecks :o)

Katmotley said...

Thanks! I do love rain checks! :)