Thursday, March 5, 2009

Treasure Hunting!




Every so often, I will find a stray gift card somewhere in my house. I put all gift cards I find in a pile and when I think about it, I will sit down and call to check balances. Often they are zero because when I am using a gift, I don't usually throw it out once it hits zero. Most of the time I keep them with the thought that I will reload them one day. I rarely do that, yet I keep them anyway. So, most of the time if I see a gift card that I have not been using regularly, I assume it's at zero. Today I found some old gift cards in a purse I had switched from around Christmas time. I checked my records and I hadn't used gift cards at these stores in a while, so I thought they'd be zero. So I threw them in my pile and decided today would be a good day to call for balances. While several in my pile were zero's, I found three cards with balances! I now have two cards for Safeway and one for albertsons with $59.15 total in available balances! If I were more organized, I would have been able to spend these a lot sooner. But I also wouldn't have the thrill of finding treasure in my own house!

No comments: