Sunday, March 29, 2009

Walgreens fun!







I actually got out of bed today (since my surgery on Friday) and I managed to get my wonderful husband to take me shopping at a few walgreens. (He was the driver and the toter since I can do neither right now.)

I had some $4 RR from last weeks razor deal to start with and I used some on extra sunday papers. I got 17 total and our papers cost $2 each here. I apid $20 oop on all 17.

The softsoap bodywash was $3.99 and I had a $.75 coupon for the first one. (I also used a $4 RR for this along with other items in the order.) After I paid, I got a RR for a free softsoap bodywash. So I got another one and used the free coupon and then I got another free coupon. In all I got 10 bodywashes and I have a coupon still for another free one. I had to do all of these in seperate orders and I went to a few different stores, but there was plenty of softsoap at each store and I might go back tomorrow to get some more. With 6 kids at home- 3 of those being teen girls, you can never have too much body wash.

Along with the bodywash, I also got an edge, skintimate, or chapstick on each order. The edge and skintimate give a $3 RR and the edge was priced $2.49 and the skintimate was $2.79. I also had $.50 coupons for each. The chapstick was $1.99 each and gives a $2 RR. I rolled the $2 RR into the shaving gels and the $3 RR into the chapstick with some fillers.

I spent about $10 oop on everything except the papers and a lot of that was tax. One store was out of the chapsticks already, so I did 2 of the softsoap/edge combos, but paid oop instead of using the $2 RR since I didn't have them. But I have 2-$3 RR and a free softsoap RR to start with tomorrow so I can start all over again with the chapsticks first.

It was a fun evening, but now I'm exhausted. I probably pushed it a little too much, but the thrill of getting the deal is hard to resist. :)


2 comments:

Boyd Team said...

Good Haul! I'm loving the Soft Soap deal this week. I hope it rolls a few more days.

Katmotley said...

Too bad it only rolled for about 1 day. I ddin't get back before it stopped. But I still ended up with 11 total for $3.24 plus tax.