Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mini free sprees and more movie tickets



I went to the commissary since we were out of dog food. I had two more of the $4 purina printables left, so I got these two bags of dog food. They were marked $6.99 on the shelf and that is the price they've been everytime I've bought them. I got 20 KY's to pay for my groceries and got a few more things we needed: 4 pizzas for dinner, 2 tubs of butter, 5 lbs of rice, 2 packs always, and 2 packs of hamburger. I expected to pay $3.xx with the surcharge. I ended up getting paid $1.54 for the groceries since the dog food rang up $3.49 instead of $6.99 each. The sad thing was it took me almost 20 minutes to check out and get that $1.54 back. The cashier didnt want to take my KY coupons at first and spent about 10 minutes getting those ok'ed. Then when my total came up negative, she and the customer service girl went around and around about how that can't happen for another 10 minutes. Then the CS girl made a copy of my receipt and let me go. Right then a manager came up and she asked her about the issue and the manager said "oh yeah, that's fine" and that was the end of it. The hassles we go through to save some money.
I tipped the bagger $1 and took my own bags out. So, broke even and got a little extra pocket change.




I then went to walgreens because I heard some of the axe items that are good for the movie tickets are on clearance. I found the 4 pack of bullets on clearance for $2.79 each. I bought 4 of them (without any coupons or RR!) and paid $12.14 oop, and I got the 2 free movie tickets. Still not as good as last year, but I do love free movie tickets and the axe will make great presents or can be sold at my yard sales.

I then went to Fry's for another small free spree. I had a raincheck for the Hormel chili for $.50 a can and coupons that made them free-I got 10 cans. I had free coupons for the Sara Lee bread-got 2 loaves. The Fry's brand cheese was on sale for $1 and I had wine tags for $1 off cheese-I got 8 packs. My total oop here was $.39 for tax.

2 comments:

American Dreamer said...

,

I am truly amazed by your Fry's trip! WOW!

Katmotley said...

Thanks! I love a good free spree. :)