Monday, November 3, 2008

Is free really free?




I stopped by Walgreens this afternoon to get some free razors and free movie rentals.
I got 10 of the Schick razors that are on sale for $5.99 and used 5 buy one get one free coupons. Then I used the $3 walgreens coupon from their rebate catalog and it took off $30 for the 10 packs. So, the razors were all free. BUT, I paid $5.22. This was all tax. Luckily, I had some money still on my gift card (from last month's rebates), so I spent nothing oop. But you do have to take into account the tax you will pay even when something is "free". Since there are 3 razors in each pack and I have 3 teenaged girls, it was still a good deal paying just the tax-it averaged out to about $.50 a pack.


I also grabbed two free movie rentals from the redbox machine. One for the kids to watch and one for mom and dad. Every Monday, redbox sends out a code for a free movie. You can sign up to get a text message from them on your phone each week,(visit their website ti sogn up for this) or just look online. There are many sites that post the code each week. You can use the code once for each credit/debit card you use. I use two different debit cards to get the two free movies. Today's code is: 67JFP8 and it's good through midnight!

No comments: