Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A little bit of free...





I got more free stuff yesterday and some cheap stuff. I did a lot of shopping yesterday to get all the deals!
I went to Safeway first to get some broth. I had some $1.25 coupons for the Progresso and some $1 coupons.
I got 15 cartons Progresso broth and paid $13.07 and I got a catalina for $10 OYNO.
Then I went to CVS and grabbed 2 of the Maybelline makeups that are free after ECB and 2 of the Right guard proffesional that is $.99 after ECB. I had 2-$3 coupons for the makeup, so I made $6 buying those two. I also had a $30 ECB from last weeks Duracell deal. I needed about $2 more to use my ECB, so i grabbed 2 rolls of paper towels. I spent $30 in ECB and $.55 cash oop and I got back $31.98 in ECB!
Next, I went to Bashas. I got 36 cans of dole tropical mixed fruit for $3 total oop using the $1/3 coupons that doubled and a $.75 catalina for each 3 I bought. (Every 3 cans produced another $.75 cat) I got 6 boxes of brownie mix for $.25 each with the $1/2 coupons doubled, 1 package of Kings hawaiin rolls for $.99 after $1 coupon doubles, and I got a 12lb turkey @ $.39/lb and used a $2 wt. I donated the turkey outside the store to ST. Vincents De Paul as they were they collecting turkeys and donations. I spent @ $7.50 oop here.
I stopped at Walgreens next and repeated my order from the day before with 9 sure deodorants, 1 Skintimate, and 3 Robitussin. I spent $1.88 oop (tax was $2.01-less than the day before as it was a different city-in a 5 mile radius of my house there are 4 different cities all charging different taxes).
My last stop on this run was at Albertsons. I got 4 more C&H sugars at $.50 each, 1-10lb bag of potatoes for $1.47, 8 boxes of BC potatoes-free, 2 packages of dog treats-used free coupons, 5 Pillsbury crescent rolls-$.50 each, 1 lb butter-free with crescent rolls, 1 bag of marshmallows for $1. I used a $6/$30 coupon and paid $2.06 cash oop. ($1.09 was tax)






After a short break, I went out again when I took my DD to work. I stopped by Fry's and got 10 Bird's eye steamfresh veggies-free with coupons, 1 loaf wheat bread $1.50, an 8.69 lb turkey for $3.39 and used $2 coupon, and a 9.76 lb ham for $15.13. I used a $6/$30 coupon and the $10 cat from Safeway earlier in the day. I paid $2.21 oop. I also went to Bashas again (did not take a picture) and got 18 more cans of mixed fruit for $1.50 total and 2 more turkeys-one was 12.65 lb and one was 12.77 lb. I use $2 coupons on both and paid under $3 for each turkey. That comes out to about $.23 a lb for turkey! I'm stocking up the freezer with these as I'll cook them up during the year and put the meat in freezer bags for quick meals, soups, casseroles, and lunch meat!

After all that shopping, I went to the movies on a date night with DH and used the last 2 of my free movie passes from the walgreens axe deal a few months back. I do love free!

No comments: