Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Free groceries at TCF Bank!




No they are not handing out groceries, but they are handing out a $50 walmart gift card when you open a checking account. If you go in to open an account, they give you the gift card right then and you walk out with it! (you just doubled your money!) You have to open an account with a minimum of $25, but there are no stipulations on how long you have to leave the money in there or leave the account open. I really like their options, so I'm going to leave mine open and use the account. I have been using my $25 deposit this week with my new debit card for my grocery purchases.

When you open an account, you will have to order a box of checks, but there are several accounts that give you the checks for free and you just pay $5.95 shipping for the checks: "student" or "over 55" accounts do this as well as the "affinity" checking. If you open just the regular free checking account, you will have to pay $16.95 for checks, but you still are making $33 with the $50 gift card they give you with this option.
This deal is good through the end of November, so hurry if you want to do it! The bank is open 7 days a week! They also have a referral program. They have the referral slips inside the bank-so grab some when you go in. You will get a $25 visa card mailed to you (within 3-4 weeks) for everyone you refer who opens an account by the end of November. And your referral gets the $50 walmart gift card too! I have referred my husband and my two oldest (adult) children already. Check the website:
TCF Bank to find one near you. You need to have a mailing address in one of these states:
Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana, Colorado, or Arizona

And if anyone wants a referral slip before you go in, I'll mail you one! You still get the $50 gift card and I'll get $25 for telling you about it. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I found your blog from pyp. I just started couponing and have already saved a ton. I was looking at your blog and was wondering how many newspapers you buy and what is the commisary? Thank you for your posts they are encouraging.

Katmotley said...

Hi Heidi! The commissary is the grocery store on the military bases. You can shop there if you have miltary benefits.
I get the 6 papers delivered from the PYP deal and I get extras from friends. I also get extras when I can at the stores using catalinas, ECB, or any extra $ coupons I can Right now, the $6 off $30 fresh & easy is great to use for these.
I grab extras on Wednesdays sometimes when they put them in the wed. paper and I pick up the La voz for some free coupons sometimes too. In general, I will get 6-20 sets of inserts each week depending on how good the coupons are and how much extra $ I have to spend.
I also trade for and buy a lot of coupons online on the trading boards and ebay. And I have a coupon group for the west side of Phoenix and we meet to trade and discuss coupons too!

Anonymous said...

how can i get a referal slip from you? i didnt see any way to send you an email from your blog?

Katmotley said...

You can email me at:
swapphoenix at yahoo.com