Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My favorite shopping time!

Around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, the grocery stores put out some of the best deals! I love shopping this time of year since there are so many freebies to be had. The stores around here have been really competing hard the last few weeks. They are offering doubles, triples, quadruples, dollar doubles, and accepting competitor coupons. This adds up to a lot of freebies or really good deals for couponers.




I did a lot of quick shopping trips yesterday in between doctors appointments. This first picture is from 4 different stores.
I hit the commissary while I was on base for one appointment and I got:
5 cans Muir glen tomatoes-used $1 coupons and made $.50 each can
7 packages Ronzoni pasta-used $1 coupons and made $.01 each
8 boxes Jolly time popcorn-used $1 and $1.50 coupons made $.11 each on 4 and $.61 each on the other 4 boxes
1-17 lb bag Alpo- used $1 coupon- paid $5.99
1- 3lb bag of rice- no coupons
With 5% surcharge ($1.28) I paid $3.82 oop and I tipped the bagger $1

At Bashas I got:
12 cans Del Monte vegetables- used 3- $1/4 coupons doubled to $2 each, so paid $.25/can
9 cans Dole mixed fruit/mandarin oranges- used $1/3 coupons doubled to $2-paid $1 for each 3 cans and got back a $.75 OYNO catalina for each 3 cans
Total oop: $6.76 (got back $2.25 to use for next time)

At Fry's I got:
21 Cans Del Monte less salt can veggies-used $.30 coupons tripled-all free
1 loaf wheat bread
3 bags shredded cheese
1 block cheese
1 Stove top stuffing
1 lb ground beef
1-3 strip Fleischmans yeast-used $.45 coupon tripled to $1- cost $1 oop and got $.50 cat back
I used a $6 off $30 competitors coupon
Total oop: $2.14 (and got $.50 back for next time)

At Walgreens I got:
free movie from redbox with Monday code
9 Sure deodorants-used $1 coupons and $1.50 walgreens coupons-made $.51 each
3 Robitussin-used $3 printables-paid $.99 each and got $5 RR back
1 Skintimate-used $.50 coupon-paid $1.49 and got back $1 RR
1 gift sack $.10 with walgreens coupon
Tax was $2.81 and I paid $2.78 oop (got back $6 for next time)






I went out again last night after a visit to the acute care clinic and got 3 prescriptions for my dd who has an ear infection. I paid $9 for the scrips and got $30 in gift cards for Fry's using the $10 Target prescription coupons.
While at Fry's waiting for the meds, I picked up:
14 packages of Cottonelle-used $.25 coupon qudrupled-all free
10 pouches Idahoan potatoes-used $.75 printable doubled -all free
2 blocks of cheese
1 can yams
1 jar mayonaisse
Used $6/$30 competitors coupon
Paid $.27 oop

At Albertsons I got:
19.53 lb turkey @ $.39 lb-I used $2 turkey wine tag-paid $5.62
10 lb bag potatoes-$1.47 on sale
10 betty crocker potatoes box-used $.35 coupons tripled-all free
5 Pillsbury crescent rolls-used $.35 coupons tripled-$.50 each
1 lb butter-free with purchase of 5 crescent rolls
4 bags 2lb C&H sugars-used $.35 couopns tripled-$.50 each
1 reusable grocery bag-used free coupon from receipt survey
Used $6/$30 competitors coupon
Total oop: $6.16


No comments: