Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Who says "coupons are only for junk food"?


A lot of people say they don't use coupons because they are only for "junk food" or highly processed items or just "for stuff we don't eat."
Last week, I got items like sugar, butter, can milk, and water all with coupons. I also got stuff like ziplocs, oatmeal, razors, toothpaste-all for free using coupons. And with using these coupons and store coupons and other savings methods, I regularly get items like produce, milk, eggs, bread, or meat for free or close to it. If someone says this, they either have a very limited diet or they just don't understand coupons. ;)
Here's some good stuff I got today:




This is from Fry's sale that just started today. I got 32 packages of Bird's eye frozen vegetables for free! They also have white and brown rice in these packages and I got a few of those. So a few staples and healthy items right there for free-rice and veggies! I also got some spices and chocolate milks for free with coupons.
Since I got all these for free, I could use a $6 off $30 store coupons and add in some extras I didn't have coupons for. This was all broken down into 2 orders, so I used 2 of the $6 off $30 coupons and with the extra $, I got 1 box of Stove top stuffing, about 2 lbs of beef for a stir fry tonight, and 2 Contessa packaged meals. I really like these Contessa meals, but they are always so expensive for us as a large family. They are on sale right now for $4.99, so I intend to grab 1 or 2 when I have extra $ to spend until I have enough for a whole meal for us. I spent just about $3 oop today on all this.

This is one of the ways I stock up on meat, produce, or just items we don't have coupons for at little to no cost.

2 comments:

Karen @ Desert Chica Ramblings said...

I didn't realize there was a new fresh and easy $6 printable available until I read your post! Great deals, I hope to snag some of the brown rice for free and maybe a few veggies. I had a couple $2/10 that I was trying to ration, but now I can plan bigger orders with the printable! :)

Katmotley said...

Yes, there is a new one good through 11/23! That brown rice is really good-we had some last night with dinner. :)