Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Walgreens $5/ $25 RR and special ad Wed.- Sat.





There's a special Walgreens ad today through Saturday with some free stuff and the $5 RR when you buy $25 of anything is back! I saved all my shopping for Walgreens until today to take advantage of this RR. I'm glad I did since I was going to use my $2 All detergent coupons to get the bottles for $1.50 at Walgreens, but they are on sale now at Albertsons for $2.99, so $.99 after coupons!

Anyway, I got a few things this morning. I got the Renu twin pack for $9.99 and get a $10 RR back and the Just for men touch of grey for $6.99 and get a $7 RR. I had a $2 printable coupon for both of these, so they were both $2 money makers! The just for men did not ring up at the sale price, though so I had to get a refund for that. (Watch those prices.)

I also got the stayfree which is $1.99. I used a $1 printable coupon and got the $2 RR back. The Scunci head bands are $2 with a $2 RR- my girls love these.

The chinet plates are $2.50 and I used $1 coupons for each and there's a b1g1 free coupon in the weekly ad. These should come out to $.25 each. But my ad coupon only took off $4.02 instead of $5, so they were about $.50 each. I didn't go back to fix that issue.

The triaminic is on sale for $5 each and you get a $5 RR when you buy 2. We have $3 coupons that just came out for the thin strips and there's a $2 walgreens coupon in the older healthy savings booklet. (I picked that up in October.) That makes these free except for tax and then you get the $5 RR! So, a $5 MM! BUT, the walgreens coupon does not work-at least not at my stores. I have had the managers try it every way they could, but it just won't scan. So, they price adjusted the thin strips down to $3 each and then I used my $3 coupons. I still got them free, but it was a pain. If you are doing this one, I suggest you give them the walgreens coupon first so they can't say its because you used manufacturer coupons and then they should be able to price adjust for you.

I did the triaminic seperate and paid $.53 oop tax and got the $5 RR. Then I did the rest all in one order and paid $8.36 oop (used $13 in RR on this also) and got $21 in RR for the products and the $5 RR for "spending" $25.

The $25 is before all walgreens and manufacturer coupons. I like this promotion better than the coupons they send out since I can get my oop down and still get the $5 RR!

I did not get two of the freebies- I couldn't find the stim-u-dent, but I will be making more trips to get those and more of the freebies. I also plan on getting some of the $5.99 toys. Since that involves a coupon, I should be able to get 2 toys (ring up at $9.99 each) and @ $5 of other stuff and still get the $5 RR.
I am also excited about the stayfree as I have 3 teen girls and I haven't had a good deal on those in a while. I'm also going to pick up some of the brushes for free since those disappear around here.

I don't know if the $5 RR will roll into another $25 deal as I didn't try it. But I might just save those up for the kids to use for their Christmas shopping.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

My store only took off $4.02 on my Chinet plates also. I hate it when they can't get there computers right :(

Katmotley said...

It is frustrating! Especially when they look at you like you are always causing the problem!