Sunday, November 29, 2009

Some Free, some cheap- Walgreens & CVS






I had a hard time today at CVS and Walgreens, but I had anticipated that since some of the deals are a little complicated. I stopped at CVS first. I did the gillette buy $25 get $10 ECB with the Gillette deodorants and Body washes. Two of the deodorants were $4.49 and one was $5.49. (There were only 2 left of the cheaper ones.) The Body washes were $4.99 each. I used 3 of the buy Gillette deodorant, get body wash free coupons-from the 11/1 P&G and 3 of the $1 Gillette body wash or deodorant coupons. Total after coupons would be $11.47 and then I get back $10 ECB's. I also got 2 more of the Revlon eye shadows which are buy one get one free and I used 2- $2 coupons making them $.99 for both, and a Zooth toothbrush- on sale for $2.49, used a $1 coupon from 11/1 PG and got $2 ECB back. I used a $5/$30 coupon from the medicare quiz and a $2 ECB and a $10 ECB I got from taking a survey.

I had also tried to get the Covergirl makeup that was buy one get one half off and use the buy one foundation, get one face product free coupon (11/1 PG), but the cashier couldn't get the coupon to work an the manager said I couldn't do it with the b1g1 sale. The cashier said she had actually done that before too and it should work, but they had updated their registers making a lot of coupons harder to get through. I had them void off the makeup, but that screwed up my order, so they re-rang the whole thing. With the re-ring, we all forgot to scan my green bag tag again, since it was scanned on the voided order. They just printed me out a $1 ECB for that. With the second order, I was under after all my coupons, so I had to grab a $.99 nail clipper by the register to add in. I paid $.14 oop and got back the $10 and $2 ECB's.




I went to Walgreens next and I got a gillette razor $4.99 after $4 coupon from today's PG and got a $4 RR back. Glade sense & spray is $5.99 and I used a $4 coupon to make it $1.99 and got a $2 RR back. I got my covergirl makeup here with no problem- the foundation was $11.99 and the blush was $11.49. The sale took off $5.75 for the half price item and my coupon took off $11.49 for the blush. I was also able to use a $1 coupon for the foundation making my total $5.24 for both.

Then I got 3 ecotrin which are $3.49 regular price. I used a $10/3 coupon from 10/11 RP leaving me with $.47 for all three. But there is also a coupon in the ad for the ecotrin for $1.99 which will take off $1.50 for each one. Since I gave the $10 coupon first, the walgreens coupon takes off $4.50 for the 3 boxes giving me overage! For this deal, make sure you have something in your order to use the overage on, and give the walgreens coupon last. The $10 coupon will beep like a free item coupon and ask for the price. This will confuse some of your cashiers, so make sure they type in $10 for the price to take off. (Mine put in $3.49 at first.)

I got some covergirl nail polish that was on clearance for $2.19 each and they also rang up on the buy one get one 50% off sale. I used a $2.50/2 Covergirl coupon for these and paid $.78 for both or $.39 each.

Then the olay deal is pretty complicated, but it works. There is a coupon in today's insert for a free Olay lotion when you buy a bodywash. There are also $1 coupons for the bodywash from 11/1 PG. The bodywash is on sale for $2.99, so $1.99 after coupon. Then if you get the big pump bottle of Olay quench lotion that is on sale for $7.99, you get an in-shower lotion (I found this by the bodywash) for free. Your coupon for the free lotion will take off the $7.99 for the big lotion as there's no price limit on it. So, for all 3, you pay $1.99! (Some people have used a $1 coupon for the lotion too, but I didn't try that.) *The $1 coupons expire 11/30, so use them fast!

When I rang this order out, I put the in-shower lotion up first and then later in the order, I put the body wash and big Lotion up together and gave her the coupon then so she could see the products and prices, and she took off the $7.99 for that lotion with no problem. I got some votive candles for fillers, but my store has changed their policy very recently to only allow one RR per order. I used one $5 RR and that's it, so I paid more oop for this order than I wanted, but I still got some great deals! I also forgot to do the Nivea lip deal, but I'll likely be going back tomorrow to sue up my 11/30 coupons, so I'll do it then.

* I have been waiting for a b1g1 free sale on covergirl to use my b1g1 free coupons, but since they expire tomorrow, I settled for the b1g1 50% off sale. This is my favorite foundation, so I'm willing to pay a little oop for it, but not too much! You could do this deal a lot cheaper with the $5.99 foundation and a cheaper face product too, but only through tomorrow!

1 comment:

Annabeth said...

Wow, good for you. I'll have to leave those deals for you, because I don't have the energy for 'complicated' trips right now. Sick husband. But I applaud your talent!