Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Last day of sales=Slim pickings and Rain Checks!


Tuesdays are the last day for the grocery sales around here and that means rain check day! I will get rain checks during the week if they are out of stuff I want, but Tuesday's I expect to get more rain checks. That's ok with me, because the rain check just extends the sale and allows me more time to collect coupons!


I didn't get much at Fry's, but I did get more free potatoes and toothpaste. Thanks to "Grateful Guest" on PYP, I learned that the small cans (11 oz) of Dole oranges were part of the mega sale, even though they were not marked. They are $.99 before sale and $.49 after. So with the $.55/2 coupon from Sunday, these were free! The hormel pepperoni was $1.50, so $.50 after coupon, of course my store only had one left. (Thanks Annabeth for reminding me of this deal!)
For the gold medal flour and Nestle chocolate chips, I used the Bashas coupons along with manufacturer coupons at Fry's. Make sure you alert them to coupons like these before they ring the items so they can price adjust the items. The flour was $1.28 with Bashas coupon and $.28 after a printable $.50 coupon. The nestle chocolate chips were $1.48 with the bashas coupon and these are part of the mega sale too. So, you get an extra $.50 off for the sale making them $.98 and the $.50 manufacturer coupon makes them free! (You actually make $.02 on those.) These two items are a limit 1 for the Bashas coupon and with an additional $25 purchase. For most cashiers, that is $25 before other coupons since you have to hand these coupons over first to be price adjusted.
I also used a $2 meat winetag and 2 of the $2 catalinas from Albertsons and I paid $1.38 after tax. (Tax was $.85 of that total!) I saved $83.34.



At Albertsons, I really wanted the puffs tissues which would be free after coupons, but they were all out. I got my rain check, so I can still get them free as long as Albertsons continues to double and quadruple coupons. I also got two 5lb bags of pillsbury flour for $1 each. I had no coupons for these and I could have used a bashas coupon here too with MFR coupon for another bag of Gold medal flour for $.28, but I wasn't buying $25 worth even before coupons. But $ for 5lbs of flour is still a good deal and we bake a lot! I was finally able to use my rain check for the warm delights. They have been out of these since the sale almost a month ago. But they were fully stocked this time, so I got my 12 for free. The Green giant steamers were also free, but I had already used all my coupons with a rain check last week. I used one of the $2 catalinas from last week and paid $.22 which was all tax. I saved $37.86. I might go back this evening to get another rain check for the vegetables so I can get some more coupons together. I don't know why I didn't think of checking them while I was in the store earlier to get another rain check.

No comments: