Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Free Lubriderm lotion and another way to do the free Almay deal





I went back to Walgreens today to see if the Almay was still bogo free and it was! But I already have a ton of mascara, so I did the deal a little differently. I had a $5 and a $10 RR from the previous Almay Pure naturals deal. I had heard that these would roll into each other, so I gave it a try. I also found out that for the $5 RR you can get the pure naturals mascara, eyeshadow, or lipgloss. The mascara is the cheapest, but I have enough of that, so I got an eyeshadow.

I did two different transactions. I started with the pure naturals foundation at $9.99 and got a one coat mascara @ $6.99 with it. The $6.99 mascara came off as the free item and I used the $4 coupon which came off once for that mascara. So, I had $9.99- $4 coupon=$5.99. Then I used the $5 RR from the pure naturals mascara I bought yesterday to bring my total down to $.99 plus tax. I got the $10 rr back rom this transaction.

My next transaction I got the Pure naturals eyeshadow at $7.49 and a double pack one coat mascara at $7.99. The $7.49 one came off for the free item and again I used the $4 coupon and it came off once. So it was $7.99-$4= $3.99. I wanted to use the $10 RR, so I bought some eggs and some candles and a candle holder from the fall clearance. And then I added 3- 6oz. Lubriderm lotions. These are $3.99 each and we have $2 coupons from 10/11 rp. There is also a diabetes booklet in the pharmacy area with a $1 Lubriderm walgreens coupon that takes off $1 for each one you buy. So these were $3.99-$2-$1=$.99 eachx3= $2.97 total. When you buy 3 Lubriderm lotions, you get an $8 RR! My total before tax was now $10.35 and so I used the $10 RR from te foundation and paid $.35 plus tax. I got back the $5 Almay RR and the $8 Lubriderm RR!

If you have no RR to start with and want to spend as little oop as possible, start with the Lubriderm deal and pay $2.97 plus tax and get $8 back which you can then use on the $9.99 foundation. If you do his, pair the foundation with the mascara, eyeshadow, or lipgloss that also produces the RR (not the one coat that gives overage)- you will pay $9.99-$8=$1.99 and get $15 back. Or if you don't want the lubriderm, start with the Pure naturals mascara @$6.99 and pair it with the one coat @ $6.99 and use the $4 coupon. Your total will be $6.99-$4= $2.99 oop plus tax and get back the $5 RR which you can then roll into the foundation to get the $10 RR.

Well, if that doesn't confuse you, then go get yourself some free stuff!

Here's some close-up pics of the diabetes magazine and the trueblends makeup as well as the one coat mascaras so you'll know what to look for.



No comments: