Monday, September 7, 2009

Awesome Target dog food deal and the dollar store




I stopped by target today to look for some shoes (didn't get any shoes) and remembered to use my dog food coupons. I got 4 bags of the Chef Michael's 1.5lb dry dog food and 8 of the wet dog foods. I used 4 of the buy one get one free insert coupons and 4 of the $3 insert coupons. Since I handed the bogo coupons first, they took off for the $4.xx bags instead of the $.84 cans. Then I used some target coupons-4 for bogo on the cans that took off $.84 each, and 4 for $1.50 off the bags. I also picked up a dog collar for $4.99 and a set of headphones for my daughter @ $16.99. The dog food was free after all my coupons and took off so much overage that I paid $7.34 for the other two items before tax (would have been $21.98) and $10.54 total with tax!
*Remember target store coupons can be combined with manufacturer coupons, but your cashier may or may not allow the overage. At the very least, you can still get free dog food. Look for target printables at hotcouponworld.com


I also hit the dollar store today for a few random items and headphones (before I got the cooler ones at target) and picked up some grocery items too. I got some nectarines, garlic, two honey bees, and some syrup. Remember, while some items are a good deal at the dollar store, some are really priced too high even at a $1; especially if you coupon. The syrup was not a great deal, but the nectarines and garlic were a good deal. And the headphones will be a good cheap backup pair.

No comments: