Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fresh & Easy deal on meat!





Fresh & easy has these grill packs again for $5.99! I got some of these in the summer and I am so happy to see them on sale again! They are on sale until 2/3. I went tonight to get some and I had a $5 off $20 coupon I got in the mail from them. (You can sign up on their website for coupons.) I had planned on getting 4 packages for $23.96 and use the $5 coupon to pay $18.96 plus tax. When I got there though, they were marked down to $4.49! They had just 5 packages left, so I grabbed them all and still used my $5 coupon. With tax, I paid $17.89 for all 5-less than I was prepared to pay for 4 packages. That's about $3.57 a pack. Each pack is 4 lbs and 11 ounces, so I got about 23.4 lbs of meat @ $.76/lb.
As for the meat, each pack has 4 hamburger patties, 4 sausages, and 8 pieces of seasoned chicken. (thighs and legs)




I stopped at Fry's last night and got some of the mega sale items. I got 10 cans of Hormel chili- free after coupons/sale, 5 packages of Kraft sandwich cheese-free after coupons and sale, and 5 packages of shredded or block cheese- $1 each after coupons/sale. I got the Kraft cheese coupons from a blinkie machine at Safeway and they start with a "5" so they doubled. I also stopped at Walgreens for the free redbox movies and we had a movie night last night. (sign up at redbox.com for free movie codes to your phone every monday.)

No comments: