Friday, January 23, 2009

A little Walgreens and a Big lesson




Due to transportation issues and lackluster deals, I haven't done much shopping in the last two weeks. But the deals are picking back up and hopefully, I can get out to do some in the next few days.

I stopped at walgreens the other day to return a movie at redbox and pick up some peanut butter. I wanted some Ragu too, but 2 women had already cleaned them out. I got 8 jars of peanut butter- on sale for $1.99 and I used 8 coupons for $.40 off. My total before tax was $12.72 and I got a $10 RR back for buying 8. I paid with my rebate gift card so I spent nothing oop.

Then I got some junk food for the kids since for a "snack night". This cost about $10 and again, I used the gift card for the oop.

Now for the lesson. As I came into the store, the two aforementioned women were heading to the checkout with their carts full of peanut butter and ragu. They had coupons too. I could not hear everything that happened, but there was some sort of problem with the coupons it seemed. The women got very rude with the cashier about it and the cashier ended up calling the manager over. While waiting for the manager, the women apparently said something else rude to the cashier and a man behind her in line started going off on her. This is when it got loud enough for the whole store to hear. The man was telling the women she did not need to talk to the cashier like that and the women was telling the man to shut up and mind his own business. There was a lot of cussing and the manager arrived. The women then yelled at the manager asking him if he was going to let "his customers" talk to her that way. I am not sure how it ended as I walked down another aisle. But the cashier moved to another register and the manager finished checking out the two women.

This whole story was told to remind us to be nice to our cashiers. They are people too and if there is a problem with your coupons, deals or whatever, you can handle it without being rude and making an idiot of yourself. Granted, there are times when a cashier or manager or whoever is rude also and it's hard not to get mad and stand up for yourself. But this particular cashier is always nice and had done nothing to set off this women who was so rude to her. I felt so bad for the cashier. You can bet the next few times I go through her line, I will be super nice to her!

2 comments:

American Dreamer said...

I hate that! Don't people realize that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar!

MommaJXS said...

I never understand why people think they can treat cashiers like crap. It's really frustrating. Don't they know that sometimes what they say to someone makes or breaks their whole day!? UGH
On a lighter note, I stalked up on PB too! I didn't have coupons for all 14 of them (yes, I got 14 pb and 2 ragu total) but even at $0.54 a jar, it's still cheaper than I would be able to buy it anywhere else, so I was excited.
Thanks for all your help with everything!