Saturday, January 10, 2009

More money makers




I'm bad about sending in rebates, so I haven't been doing them as much as I used to. Except for Walgreens rebates. I can just enter my receipt online when I get home and get the rebates. It's so easy, and I've been able to keep up with that.

In December, I decided I was going to try and do more mail in rebates and stay on top of them this year. I started with the just for men touch of gray rebate. It was on sale at Walgreens for $7 and you got a $7 rr back. I also had a $2 printable coupon, so I made $2 on this deal. But there was also a rebate for $8 back. I mailed it off and got my rebate check back yesterday! So, in all I got paid $10 for this product! (Tax and stamp came to $1.25, so technically I made $8.75.) I'm definitely going to send in more rebates this year!

And here's another one. Orajel has two products which are free after rebate at Walgreens this month. This is one of them. It was $8.49 and I used a $1 coupon. I will get back $8.49 + $.85 for the extra 10% on a gift card from walgreens for this. There's also another mail in rebate that was in the inserts in October. (where the $1 coupon was) This one is for $8 back. Since I can input my walgreens receipt online, I can use my actual receipt for this rebate too. So now, I'll be getting back $17.34 for this orajel. After $1 coupon, plus tax and stamp, it would cost $8.47. So, total I will make $8.87. Of course, I didn't actually pay that much oop. I got a few more things on this order and used a $10 rr. I paid $.42 plus tax for the orajel, 5 Garnier shampoos, and 2 cell batteries that I needed.
I love getting paid for shopping!

1 comment:

MommaJXS said...

Thanks so much for the tip on the orajel...I bought one too :). I also used my Revlon coupons yesterday (last day they were good) at Walgreens (b1g1) there were lipsticks on clearance for 2.29 so it worked out awesome! I was so excited! It's almost silly how much fun I have shopping now adays haha.