Sunday, January 4, 2009

Frustrating day at Walgreens!




I was excited this morning as I went through my paper and the 5 coupon inserts we got today. I planned to go to Walgreens and use some of the RR I got last week from the robitussin deal to buy some more newspapers. I went through the walgreens ad and diligently cut the coupons from my papers that I get delivered and then headed for walgreens.

I was able to get 10 more papers at Walgreens. I used a $10 and a $5 RR. (our papers are $2 each) I also got 2 Reynold's wrap foil for free with $1 coupon and walgreens $.99 coupon in their ad. I got one electrasol for $.99 after the $2.50 coupon from today and will get back $1.50 from the walgreens rebate. (plus 10% since I will get a gift card.) I got some garnier for free with the $2 Walgreens coupon and the $1 coupon from today, and I got 2 Sally hansen tweezers which were $2.59 each and b1g1 free-and I used the $1 coupons from today's inserts. And I found some L'oreal makeup that was clearanced at $3.59 and $3.19 and was also ringing up b1g1 free-I used 2-$3 coupons from today and made $2.41 on 2 makeups!

I was really happy with my deals and came home to cut out more coupons and go back to get more makeup and other items. But when I started pulling my inserts out of my papers, I was dissapointed to find they only had 4 of the inserts. On top of that, I looked over my receipt and found one of my $1 coupons had been missed.

I cut more coupons and decided I would try a different store and check their papers for the inserts. I ended up hitting 3 more stores (2 walgreens, 1 fry's) and none of these stores had that one insert in their papers!

I also had issues at the other walgreens with my orders each time! The second and third stores I went to had to manually adjust the walgreens Garnier coupon since it was not working. I had used this same coupon in these same stores last week and it worked fine. The second store I had 9 garnier and the cashier adjustd 2 for me. I said I didn't want the rest, so he voided them after he had rung all my coupons. It had taken me a while to get him to understand I only wanted the items if they were on sale, and I was frustrated, so I didn't think to ask him for my Garnier coupons back. So I got an extra $7 off my order for those coupons he'd scanned, but somehow that caused it to void the free part of one of the makeups and add back in the $3.59 for it since my total was negative. I don't understand this, but apparently that's what it did as my total is off by exactly $3.59. In the whole scheme of things, I kind of came out ahead, but I am actually short 7 products that I can't get now because he kept my coupons and I'm short $3.59 that got added back in.

The next walgreens, I could only use one Sally Hansen coupon since my total was under $1 before tax due to the cashier not scanning my coupons in the order I gave them to her. So, I paid $1 more there than I had planned too. (I got 2 nail clippers that were $1.79. Using 2-$1 coupons and the b1g1 free, I would make $.21. This did work at the next store.) I only got 1 Garnier there since I didn't want to go through the same thing again and it was a good thing since the coupon wasn't working there either.

Finally, I went back to the first store again since the garnier coupon was working there and got some more garnier, makeup, sally hansen, foil, and newspapers. Everything worked as it should have here.

A few other things I got were Reeses whips- free with $1/2 coupon from today's inserts and 2/$1 walgreens coupons. Two L'oreal concealers $2.59 each- used 1-$3 coupon on those-they did not come up b1g1 free. 6 Flinstone vitamins, 1 One a day vitamins, one Phillips MOM. I bought these in sets of 4 for the $10 RR deal and got 2-$10 RR back. The flinstones were $5 and I used $1 walgreens coupon and $1 inserts coupon-so $3 each. The one a day was $7 and I used $1 coupon and the Phillips was $3-no coupons. I used overage from the makeup and a $5 RR on these to pay for them and I will also send off for two rebates- one will be $8 back and one will be $4.50 back.

In all today I spent $17.31 oop-all but $4 was tax. I saved $419.97 and got back $20 in RR and will send for $14.15 in rebates. I got everything you see here plus 16 newspapers. A success, but let's hope it's not so hard tomorrow when I go back again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tmotley,
You are amazing!!!! I've bookmarked your site; it's better than HCW and PYP!!!
'avsfan' @hcw
and my real name in PYP

Katmotley said...

Thanks! I get a lot of help from those two sites. It's nice to have a lot of people looking for deals instead of just me trying to figure them all out.