Friday, January 2, 2009

Date Night!





Here's how I do date night cheap. I have 2 free movie tickets from a Walgreens rebate from a few months ago. I got 4 free movie tickets for buying candy. Of course, the candy was on sale and almost free with coupons. :)


I also have 3-$10 gift cards to Chili's. These I picked up this week using the overage from the clearanced Garnier at Walgreens. I visited about 15 stores this week looking for the Garnier and used the overage on everything from Christmas clearance, kid's fabric storage cubes (see previous posts), to dog food and household items, and of course-the gift cards. Yes, the gift cards were free after the overage, I only paid tax. (about $3 total for all three gift card transactions.)


Now I have dinner and a movie for a nice date with my husband. Just another way couponing can help you save money in many areas of your life. :)


3 comments:

Amiyrah said...

How the heck did you get overage on Christmas stuff? lol....everything else I get, but the Christmas stuff? Teach me, oh wise one :o)

I love date nights like that too. Restaurant.com had a great deal a few weeks back and I was able to get a 25 dollar gift certificate to a local sushi place for 1.80. DH and I will probably use it at the end of the month.

P.S.- you totally rock at couponing! You should post pics on HCW of your stockpile :o)

Katmotley said...

Amiyrah,
The overage was coming from the Garnier hair stuff. It was on clearance at Walgreens for $2.19 and there's a $2 walgreens coupon this month and we have $1 coupons, so I was getting $3 off each one-making $.81 each.
Then I just made sure I had enough other stuff in my order to use that overage on. All the Christmas stuff was marked down to 75% off, so I grabbed some of it for some of my orders to use the overage on and essentially got it for free.

Amiyrah said...

wowee! I should have read this before I ran out to WAGs this morning! I might go back tomorrow, so I'll see if there are any clearance garnier there. Thanks so much for the tip!