Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A whole lotta shopping goin' on

I have been slacking off on shopping lately (well really-I've been busy), and we were beginning to feel it at home when we only had pieces of stuff to make and found we had run out of some essentials. I figured I needed to get my act together, so I spent most of yesterday shopping. First, I had to go on base to pick up some books from freecycle, so I stopped at the commissary.



First, I grabbed my money makers-15 KY. Then I got a bag of dog food (used a $4 coupon on that), my Little debbie donuts (my favorite treat as of late), 2 packs of pepperonis, and a bunch of frozen burritos for the kid's lunches. I paid $.41 oop and tipped the bagger $1.


Then I stopped at ALbertsons & Bashas:



At Bashas, I got 2 more 10 lb bags of chicken at $3.90 each. I spent $7.80 oop.
At Atbertsons, I got 3 bags of chex mix-free with coupons, 3 packages of Johnsonville brats for $1 after coupon (thanks Rae for telling me about this deal!), 3-5 packs of Kraft mac & cheese-$2.50 each, 3 tombstone pizzas-free with the mac & cheese, and 4 loaves of Nature's own wheat bread-$.69 each after b1g1 sale and coupons. I used a $6 off $30 fresh & easy coupon and I paid $5.10 with tax oop.

Next I went to fry's:



I did two trips and I got: 4 boxes of kleenex with lotion, 10 pouches Betty Crocker potatoes, 10 Green giant frozen veggies, 6 packs goldfish, 5 Pillsbury crescent rolls, 2 Suave hand lotions, 35 packs of Kraft cheese-singles, block, and shredded, 2 reeses candy bars, 2 Bags Frys chips, 5 Sobe life waters. I spent about $20 oop-mostly for the cheese-it was $.50 a pack. I thought the sliced cheese was still free after coupons like last week, but it wasn't, so I spent more than I had planned.

Last I stopped at Walgreens:



I got a free movie from the Redbox-sign up on their site to receive a code every monday for a free movie in a text to your phone. I also got a Gillete fusion razor-on sale for $8.99. I used a $4 coupon-these are coming out this weekend in the P&G insert (I got some early), and I got a $6 RR back. I paid $5.74 oop on a gift card. Then I used the $6 RR on the dry idea clinical strength deodorant and got a tissue pocket pack as a filler. I paid $.83 total oop and got a $5 RR back.

A good day of shopping- I saved $389.09 total (counting $1 for the movie rental) and spent $35.14 cash oop.

4 comments:

Amiyrah said...

was wondering if you were just busy or holding back on us! glad to see you back in the saddle :o)

great finds at the stores...

Katmotley said...

Yeah, I was taking a little break,mainly because I was busy. But it's nice to be shopping again! At least, my pantry and freezer are both getting fattened up again. :)

Unknown said...

WOW! WOuld love to know where u got the Q's for the burritos!!!

Katmotley said...

Jolene,
I did not have any coupons for the burritos unfortunately.
I used the overage from the KY coupons to basically pay for all those burritos.