Sunday, August 24, 2008

Good deals at Fry's and Fresh & Easy today





I looked through the ads this morning and came across the Fresh & Easy ad. I usually just cut out the $5/$20 coupon to use at Albertson's, but I noticed a pretty good deal. They had a "grill pack" of meat on sale for $4.99. It was 4.7 lbs total and included 8 pieces of seasoned chicken, 4 pork sausages and 4 hamburger patties. I decided to head out early and get some since I had extra time this morning. It was a good thing I went when I did because they had maybe 8 packages left of this deal. The limit was 4, so I grabbed 4 packs and a banana (I was hungry) and used the $5 coupon. So I got 18.8 lbs of meat for $15.52 with tax.


I headed to Fry's next to do the Nestle deal. I just found out my son has a cat, so I dug out all my cat food coupons. I got 13 packages of Purina healthful life cat food, using free coupons and 4 Purina cat treats, using the $1.50/2 coupons. It was $1 for all this before taxes and then I got the $5 off, so I had $4 in overage from this deal! I also got some more of the free nature valley granola bars. I only had 4 coupons with me, so I just grabbed 4 boxes. I grabbed a bundle of newspapers to use up the overage. There were 8 papers in the bundle and our Sunday papers are $2. My total was $13.88 after taxes and there was $3.24 in taxes!


No comments: