Monday, December 1, 2008

How to make money shopping







This is how I make money when I am shopping. This is a new Walgreens deal that started yesterday and continues through Saturday. For every 2 Reach Ultraclean toothbrushes or floss you buy, you get a $6 RR. The tb's and floss are 2/$6, so they are essentially free. BUT, of course, I also have coupons for these items. In the 10/12 RP inserts, there are $1 off coupons for the floss and a b1g1 free coupons for the toothbrushes. This means that for every two flosses I buy, I would pay $4 (using 2-$1 coupons) and get back the $6 RR or for every two toothbrushes I buy, I would pay $3 (using 1-b1g1 coupon) and get back the $6 RR.
So, yesterday, I went to 3 different Walgreens and got 24 toothbrushes. Now, I had some RR from last weeks deals to start with, so i didn't spend as much on the first 2 orders. Each order after that was $3 plus tax. In all, I spent about $39 with tax and I have $72 in RR to spend. I pretty much doubled my money! And I am not done shopping as I have more coupons for the toothbrushes and the floss.
I normally would not spend this much money oop, even for a great money maker like this, but these RR are going to be a big part of my Christmas money, so I am basically doubling my money to spend on Christmas gifts. Yes, Walgreens actually does have a lot of items I can buy for Christmas presents. I will likely give these to my children so they can go shopping for each other here.
One important thing to remember, you cannot use the RR from the same deal to do the deal again, or you will not get a new RR. So, I could use my RR's from last week for this deal or from another deal this week (if there were any I wanted to do), but I cannot use the $6 RR again on the reach items as it will prevent me from getting another $6 RR on the new order. That is why I am paying cash on all these. (and my gift card is now empty.)
So, when you hear a couponer say they made money or "got paid" to shop, this is one way we do it. There are deals like this at many different stores. You just have to know how to find them. :)

No comments: