Monday, December 29, 2008

More Christmas shopping?






Walgreens has their Christmas stuff on clearance for 75% off now! I went yesterday to see what they had and their was already a lot of people filling up their carts with all the Christmas stuff. I got some of the Christmas houses I had been wanting for $1.50 each! I also got another nativity scene since we couldn't find ours this year. I got some wrapping paper, bows, stockings, sticker books and tins. I didn't stock up on tins last year after Christmas. I did get them on sale this year, but I had to pay $1.29 each for @ 25 tins! Not again! I grabbed a bunch yesterday while they were $.33 each for the large ones and $.12 each for the small ones. We'll be ready for next year and for a lot less!


Thanks to some great posters at HCW, I also knew about the Robitussin and Garnier deals that would make me some money I could spend on all these Christmas goodies. The Robitussin and dimetaps ae $4 right now and when you spend $20, you get back a $10 RR. BUT, the machines are giving out 2-$5 RR and the $10 RR when you buy 5, so you are getting $20 back. Of course, using coupons makes this a money maker deal. There are $1 coupons in the Sunday inserts from a few weeks back and there are also $2 printables at wyethallbrands.com. I printed the $2 coupons for robitussin and dimetap (you can print 2 of each) on two different computers and cut out some of the $1 coupons. I was able to do this deal twice and spent @ $12 oop on each one with tax and got back $40 in RR!


The garnier is conditioner that is clearanced to $2.19. There is a coupon in the new walgreens rebate book (found in the front of the stores) for $2 off garnier hair products. You only need one of these coupons as it will take off $2 for each garnier you have in your order. This alone makes the conditioners $.19! But there are also $1 coupons in the inserts! You can use a manufacturers coupon with the walgreens coupon, so this is another money maker. Combining both coupons gave me $.81 overage on each conditioner. I only had 2 of the $1 coupons with me this time, so I grabbed 2. For these types of deals- I always hand the cashier the manufacturers coupons first, then I will point out the coupon in the walgreens book I want to use and she will scan it or type it in and it takes off for all of them. I rarely tear the coupon out as you can use it over again-they don't have to keep the walgreens coupons.


I went out again in the evening to do some more Christmas shopping after I had cut more garnier coupons. Here's what I got and I spent @ $4 oop which was all tax!




You can see at the back, I also picked up two cloth storage cubes- one is Disney princesses and one is Cars. These will be great for my little girls' room as they greatly need better storage options. (and one girl is a total "princess" while the other is a tomboy!) These were $5 each and I used the overage from the garnier and one $5 rr from the robitussin to pay for them. I plan on building them some shelves in their closet and getting more of these cubes (with RR or overage of course) to stack on the shelves. Hopefully this will help to keep the mess down at least a little.





I also stopped at the commissary yesterday to use up the rest of my KY coupons and beef coupons that expire 12/31. The KY's are making me $1.16 each, so I can use that overage on all my other groceries. I had $1 on any beef coupons, so I stocked up on ground beef and a lot of other beef. I looked mainly for packages that were $2 or less, so most of these I paid less than a dollar for after my beef coupons. (and nothing after my overage.) I grabbed a few other things- including two packs of denture cream. No, I don't have dentures, but I needed 2 more upcs to send off for a $10 restaurant gift card. My total for this order was a negative $.13, so I threw in a candy bar and paid $.38 oop. I am sad to see the KY coupons expire, though Lord knows I don't need any more KY. ;)


No comments: