Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Walgreens $5 RR when you buy $25





Starting today Walgreens has a 3-day ad out. Some of the stuff is the same as the regular weekly ad, and then there's a few different deals. The most exciting part of this ad is the $5 RR you get for buying $25 of almost anything in the store! After testing it, I found your total has to be $25 before tax and before all coupons- including walgreens, RR, and manufacturers coupons! This is exciting because I can get $25 worth of stuff and use coupons to bring the oop down pretty low and get the $5 RR.
I figured today would be a good day to take the kids for some Christmas shopping. I took them one at a time (I took 4 of them today) so I had plenty of chances to do a lot of shopping. :)
In all, we did 21 transactions today at 3 different stores. I spent $44.21 cash oop for $624.20 worth of merchandise. That is a 93% savings! I got all the items you see in the picture and more. Not shown is the 2 pizzas we had for lunch (on sale 2/$5) and all the Christmas presents that were bought and wrapped. (26 presents total were bought today.) After all that, I still have $49 in RR left to spend, and I will get $5.50 back in rebates.
It was a great shopping day and I'll be back for more tomorrow. :)


1 comment:

Amiyrah said...

just discovered you blog through the HCW stockpiling board and boy do you stockpile! I'll definitely be back to see what else you'll be getting and how you do it. I stockpile, but in no way as much as you. Kudos!