Friday, December 26, 2008

A Couponer's Christmas






Wow! December has been super busy and I haven't had time to post all the great deals I've been getting. But thanks to couponing and other types of "deals" I work, we had a great Christmas! This picture doesn't do justice to the tree and the pile of presents as there are many more under the tree and all the way around and behind it. You are only seeing what was in the front that couldn't fit underneath. In all we had just about 75 presents including one gift basket for my oldest DS with a lot of HBA and household products.


For my shopping this year, I used Walgreens RR, CVS ECB, and gift cards and did a lot of sale shopping. I got gift cards from MYpoints, prescription coupons (CVS gift card), and I got 3 $50 walmart gift cards from opening bank accounts last month. I had some Amazon gift cards too, but we didn't get around to ordering early enough to be able to use them, which means we went over my $0 budget because we had to pay cash for some presents I had planned to order through Amazon. In all, we spent about $100 cash oop. (NO credit cards-so no extra January bills showing up!)
This amount also includes all the gift wrapping since I stocked up last year after Christmas for paper, tags, and bows and used ECB to pay for it all. (Will be shopping for this again in the next few days.)
The kids all got some of the stuff they asked for and they all got to shop for each other and mom & dad too! (yep-all with coupons and gift cards) The only exception was my oldest DD who used her own money this year for her shopping. (hey, she has a job.) And my oldest DS helped with all the candy for the stockings as his contribution.

I bought his gift basket at Michael's with a coupon for $2 and filled it with anything I thought he could use: dish soap, laundry soap, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, mouth wash, floss, a toothbrush, razors, deodorant, cologne, shaving gel, towels, a dvd, boxers and more. He seemed very happy with it, especially since it meant he didn't have to go without some of those items because he couldn't buy it himself. ;)










No comments: