Wednesday, June 11, 2008

CVS, Fast Food, and the dentist!



The kids have VBS this week at church in the evenings. They go about the same time we would normally have dinner, so we have to eat early. We've barely gotten dinner ready in time to eat the last two days and today I just ran out of time. So, I decided to grab some burgers from Jack in the Box. I ordered off the value menu, but still was amazed at how little you get for your money with fast food. This is what we got for $12.05:

5 JR bacon cheeseburgers

1 large fry- they all split these as I knew they'd get a ton of junk at church

1 order of cheese sticks for me


I could have made 24 hamburgers (big ones!) at home for the $12 I spent here today and they would have tasted so much better. It's ok once in a while, but I'm really not into fast food anymore. (Even the kids weren't impressed with the food, though they were very excited at first when I brought it home.)






I headed to CVS while they were in VBS since we were actually out of toilet paper! This is the only store I had $ to spend in coupons (ECB) so that's where I went for the TP. Of course, I grabbed some deals there too. I did 3 different orders at two different stores. Neither store had the Nivea I was looking for, so I will have to go back before the end of the week to try and get some. Here's what I did get:


1 Dove shampoo

1 Dove conditioner

1 Kotex pantiliners

3 Listerine smart rinse for the kids

4 Garnier Nutrisse face scrub

3 Johnson's buddies bath bars

1 Spongebob folder- on clearance, used as a filler

1 4pk CVS TP-these are the 1000 sheet rolls


I spent $20.98 in ECB and $5.77 in cash. One of my $1 off coupons was missed, so it should have been $1 less in cash. I got back $31.96 in ECB on all three orders.









I will also be going back to CVS for more of the Listerine as I need to max this deal out and stockpile these. My youngest daughter visited the dentist today for the first time. She learned how to use the mouth rinse, so we'll be using it more at home now. She was so excited and she did a great job! Now I'll have to listen to her begging to go to the dentist for the next six months. They have no concept of time. LOL

3 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Great shopping! That Sponge Bob folder is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I found your blog through PYP, thanks for posting all your great deals! I feel like I'm pretty new at couponing even though I've been doing it for a while, I guess I just don't get into it enough since we're only a family of 3 right now. Some day I'll be as good as you all are!

I was wondering about the commissary that you mention in your blogs. Where is this located? Do they take coupons there? Is there only one in the valley? Thanks for your help!

jengirl7 (Please PM me)

Katmotley said...

jengirl7,
The Commissary is the military grocery store. My husband is retired Navy. I shop the one at Luke air force base. They have some good deals, but you have to be military to shop there.
I get just as many good deals at the regular grocery stores too, though. (And sometimes better deals.)