Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What happened to all my Toilet paper?


This was the scene last year as I stocked up on free and almost free toilet paper. My littlest one had fun building a fort with just the latest packs I had just brought in. I had way more in my closet already! As I look back at my posts, I realize I was stockpiling these in April and May of last year.

And now they are gone. As I mentioned before, I have 5 girls! 3 of those are teenagers who, when I started rationing the TP, would ask me for a new roll every day! (And I usually gave them two at a time-so they were going through two rolls a day!) So now we have no more toilet paper.



I had some RR's to use up at Walgreens yesterday since they were expiring. I had a $2.50 and a $2 RR. I got two pert shampoos- one was the men's kind. I used a $1.50 on men's coupon and a $1 on the other one, so my total for these two was $2.50 and I got a $2 RR back. I also got a men's sure deodorant that was $1.50 with the in-ad coupon and I used a $1.50 coupon from Sunday's inserts to get that free. (I had only cut out one coupon so far.) And then I got toilet paper! These big rolls are $.50 this week. This is what I'll be stocking up on for now using RR's until more free TP comes along. I got 4 rolls (Only 2 are pictured) for a total of $2. I used the $2.50 and the $2 RR which made my total $0 before taxes. I paid $.75 tax and used a Walgreens gift card, so $0 oop and got the $2 RR back for the pert deal. I will be shopping more this week and adding the TP as a filler as often as I can!

No comments: