Friday, January 15, 2010

Stocking up on meat






I went to Safeway today to pick up a prescription for my dog. I filled this prescription the first time at Fry's for $4 and used a $10 gift card coupon to get $10 back to spend at Fry's. Safeway just came out with a $30 coupon in last week's ad so I transferred it there. I paid $11.99 for the meds at Safeway, but got a $30 gift card to spend there.
While I was there today, I wanted to get some of the hamburger that is $.99/lb. I got @ 10 lbs in two big packages and I also noticed the whole chickens were $.47/lb so I got 3 chickens also. I had some $2 when you spend $8 meat wt's, so I used two of those. I also got the 18ct eggs that are $.99 with the ad coupon when you spend $10 and two packs of hamburger bun for $.88 each with ad coupon. My total was $16.69 with tax and I paid with my new gift card.
*I also found some peelies here for $1.50 on any Post cereal. These are $1.50 this week at Albertsons, so would be free. I grabbed 4 coupons for a trip later this week. (There are also some Post cereals at Walgreens for $1 and $1.75 right now.)



I went to Super Target this past weekend since my daughter had a gift card she was dying to spend and I figured I'd do some grocery shopping there too. Before I left, I printed off two coupons for $2 off Archer Farms ham from the target web site. Two is the limit and I didn't log onto the other computers to get more. When I got there, I found two ham steaks for just over $2 each, so I paid just a few cents for each one of those. I also found a lot of hamburger marked at $.99/lb since they were going to expire in two days. I got 16 packages and used 2 of my $2 on $8 meat wt's and paid @ $.60/lb for the hamburger.

Though this looks like a lot, it's not for our family. I will likely go back to Safeway this week and get more hamburger and chicken as I am trying to stock the freezer again now. At these prices, I should be stocking the freezer to last for several months!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

So are you the peelie snagger at my stores?LOL I see the Kelloggs have disappeared at my Bashas and the Post are missing from Safeway. You know you can tell when people take them and peel half the front of the box off with them, LOL Great deals you got by the way!!!

Katmotley said...

Nope, not me. I'm on the other side of town. ;)
Actually, I only got 4 peelies between two visits. I saw lots of boxes that had them before with just the little sticky part left. So someone hit my stores too. :(

Amber @ SiMoney Savers said...

Awesome prices on meat! I love when I can find great deals on meat especially $1.99/lb or less. Great job!