Friday, June 12, 2009

I Won!






As a frugal (cheap!) person and a lover of all things free, and as a hunter (maybe stalker?) of the next great deal, I have found a new passion. Sweepstakes! Yep, like many of you, I only entered these occasionally because I "never win" and I thought it was a waste of time. I also forget to go back and enter again or even check on what I have entered.
I have heard of people who are "sweepers" and enter all the time and win a lot. I just thought they were lucky, or at the very least, spent a lot of money on stamps to enter these things. (Of course, now with everything on the internet, you don't even have to mail in for sweeps very often anymore.)
About a month ago, I found a site called "Sweeties Sweeps" and she has a whole different perspective on sweeping. She says it's not luck, but persistence that wins. Well, I liked what she had to say and I decided to try it. I have been "sweeping" regularly now for a little more than a month and I have been winning!
Nothing big yet, but I have won movie tickets, visa gift cards, sunglasses, song downloads, free item coupons, and six flags tickets! In all, I have won about $700 worth of prizes! Of course, because the "worth" of some of these prizes seem a little inflated to me- the deal hunter who would never pay full price for this stuff, the estimated value to ME for all I've won is still over $550. (This is me taking the price I would buy the item at as the value.)
I have received some of my prizes already and there's still a lot I'm waiting on. The item my girls are holding in the photo is the first prize I won when I started in May. It is the Crayola Glow station on the go and I got it yesterday in the mail! It was perfect timing since this will be a great item for the car on our trip next week! And it's an item I probably would never have bought. But as you can see, the girls are very excited about it! Hopefully it will keep them occupied and happy for at least 10 minutes in the car. ;)
I have also gotten in the mail this week- 5-$25 visa cards and two free item coupons and I have downloaded and printed 4 movie tickets and 4 six flags tickets this week also!
I play the sweeps online at night (I'm a night person anyway) so I still have plenty of time to take care of the kids, and do my coupons and household stuff during the day time. In fact, the only thing it's changed in my schedule is I'm watching less TV. (Or watching less of whatever my husband has on since he's usually in charge of the remote and most of the time I am not even interested in what he's watching.)

So if you want to win too- I highly recommend checking out Sweeties Sweeps- link on the left, and read some of her articles. She knows what she's doing and she's very helpful!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, thanks!

I've seen the threads on HCW about sweepstakes, but never went in to see what it was all about. Yet another hobby to start lol.

Wendy (Sweetie) said...

Thanks so much for the great article. I am glad my site has helped you win. It sure is a fun hobby isn't it. What beautiful little girls :-)

Stop by and visit anytime.

Wendy (Sweetie Sweeps)

Katmotley said...

You're welcome Amiyrah! It's a fun hobby that goes right along with couponing. :)

Katmotley said...

Thank you Wendy for such a great site!