Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cheap grocery deals for the day




I did a big circle of errands today and decided to get some deals in while I was out.
I first hit Safeway and got some hot pockets and cheerios @ $.50 each, Del monte fruit cups and velveeta shells cups @ $.25 each and some Jello pudding @ $.16 each-all prces after coupons and the $5 off $10 deal. *The safeway deals continue next week too!

Then I went to fry's and got some mac & cheese @ $.39 each, Tombstone pizzas @ $2 each after coupon, and Bar-s hot dogs @ $.75 each after coupons. *The fry's pizza deals are still good through next week too.

Next was Staples for the $1 after rebate printer paper and photo paper. The limit on these rebates is 2, so I got 2 of each. I also needed some cd's, so I got a 50 pack for $8.98 and I found these cute draw on/wipe off placemates for $.50, so I got 2 for the little girls.

Last, I stopped at Walgreens and picked up 2 packs of Nabisco cookies- on sale for 2/$5 and I had a coupon for $1/2. (I also got a $3 RR back for these.) I picked up 2 of the smaller packs of oreos/fig newtons- on sale for $1.25 each and some Johnson's baby powder- $1 each and got $1 RR back. I used 2 b1g1 free coupons for the candy bars and the cashier took off $.79 for each coupon. (They rang up $.80/.79 and .89/.70) Then I used the ad coupon for 2/$1 candy bars and it took off another $1.18, so I paid $.42 total for 4 candy bars. I also picked up all of these crackers they had left since they were marked down to $.25. My youngest DD loves any kind of crackers, so it's nice to be able to stock up on these for such a good price. Of course, when I got them home, not only was she eating them, but all the rest of the kids were carrying around their own box too! I used a $10 RR on all of this and paid @ $2 oop with tax.

It's so fun getting stuff for free!


No comments: