Wednesday, April 8, 2009

March spending/savings totals

I have finally finished updating all my receipts from March in my spreadsheet, so I thought I'd post my totals. This is from all my grocery related shopping in March including the drug stores and grocery stores. It includes all my groceries, cleaners, HBA items, and even extra newspapers bought for the coupons. (all food and items needed for a family of eight and three dogs and some fish.)
I start with the "regular" price of each item as listed on the receipt and then count how much I saved using store sales, coupons, and gift cards.
So for March I bought:
$1876.71 worth of groceries (full price)

I saved:
$637.65 store sales prices
$949.50 coupons
$48.97 gift cards used
For a total of:
$1636.12 savings or 87% saved

I paid:
$240.59 out of pocket for the month.

After rebates mailed, I will have paid:
$236.49

I did not send out many rebates this month, but I will try to send for more in April. It really helps to lower my totals and it's fun to see those checks coming in. We also ate out about three times this month, but that was not included in the grocery money. (That's from my spending money.) That's more than we normally eat out, but we were very busy this month.

Let's see if I can do even better in April!

No comments: