Friday, April 17, 2009

Filling up the Pantry!

I've been doing a lot of shopping lately since there has been such great deals going on almost everywhere. But I haven't done a lot of posting. I've been away from my computer way too much to get any blog posting done. But my pantry is pretty full right now as well as my closets, laundry room shelves, etc. ;)





I did the Living Well promotion at Safeway getting 14 of the Bertolli pouches and a package of oreos. I used a free coupon for the oreos and $1 off coupons for the Bertolli and paid $14.xx oop. I got back the $10 Living well catalina and 7-$2 catalinas for the Bertolli for a total of $24 in cat's back.
Then I did some RR rolling at walgreens for the free toothbrush-used a $.75 coupon, free chapstick, and the free Scunci hair bands. I found one of the 2-in-1 packs of the Scunci, so that was great since those also produce the RR. With 5 girls, we go through a lot of these!



Here's another trip to Safeway for the Living well promo. I got 12 Bertolli sauces, 2 No yolk noodles-used $.75 coupons that made these $.25 each, and a 75ct canister of Clorox wipes-used a free coupon. I also used the $10 coupon from last time and 1-$2 Bertolli catalina and paid $.85 oop and got back another $10 cat and 6-$2 cat's.
I made a quick stop at the Commissary and got 10 packages of the 12ct Marcal toilet paper- $.59 each with the $2 coupons and 12 ham steaks which were $1.50 and I used $2 winetags for them and got overage. I paid $.10 oop and tipped the bagger $1. (walked it out to my car myself)
I stopped at a CVS and got the Colgate toothpaste that was free after ECB, the softsoap bodywash-free after ECB, two more of the Softsoap ensembles- free after ECB and coupons and 3 Adidas deodorants that were marked down to $2.50. I used $1 coupons on those and got back $2 ECB for each-so they were money makers. I also used a coupon on the body wash and the toothpastes, so made some money on each of those. The rest of the stuff was clearance I found-the book was $59 and the light bulbs were $.10 a box. The cookies weren't clearance, they were $1 and I added one to each of my toothpaste orders to use the extra from the ECB. I used ECB's on each order and paid less than $1 oop for all of it. I have a $3.99 and a $4.99 ECB left.



This was another trip to the commissary right before Easter and a stop at Bashas.
Bashas had the mustards for $.99 and they were free with coupons, plus they were printing out $1 catalinas for every 2 you bought, so more money makers. I got a bunch of these before Easter as the last day they were on sale was Easter Sunday.
Everything else in the picture is from the commissary and not pictured is a ton of candy for our 9 Easter baskets. I paid $3.74 for the whole order and tipped the bagger $2. I could have done better but I was losing track of the total with all the candy we were throwing in. Still, I was happy with that total and that trip was a lot of fun. I saved $175 in coupons in that one trip and we had a great Easter.

2 comments:

Amiyrah said...

Wholly Moley! Great haul! I don't know if I've asked you this, but what do you do with all the KY? I mean....you know what I mean lol!

Katmotley said...

LOL-that is the question of the year, huh? Honestly, I've been giving it away for free at my yard sales. It's amazing how many people will pick it up and not even know what it is because it says free. I've also donated some to the animal hospital and I'm always looking for somewhere else I can donate it.