Sunday, April 19, 2009

Kmart Super Doubles








I made a quick run to Kmart this morning since they are doubling coupons to $2.
I was not surprised to see other couponers there, but there were more than I thought. The cashiers were not very happy about the many couponers either and they were not shy about letting it be known that they didn't like coupons. But I was not easily deterred and I was having too much fun to be brought down by the negativeness. :)

I handed over all my coupons after she scanned the items to make it easier and it went smoothly with everything doubling as it should. I accidentally had 4 extra coupons when I got to the register (the limit is 25) and I pulled the extra items out to put them back, but they let me use those coupons in a separate order.

A lot of the items I got were free or $.50 and I didn't pay any more than $.79 for anything. Except the dog food. The dog food was not as good a deal as I had hoped-after coupons, it was $1.99 for the 4lb bag. I should have just put that back. I am happy about the cleaners as I needed some more. The Vaseline lotion I wanted was already wiped out when I looked for it, so I didn't get that. (I was a little disappointed to see many other couponers with their carts full even though the coupon limit was 25.)

In all, it was a good trip and I'm glad I went early. By the number of couponers in line still when I left, I anticipate the shelves being pretty empty before the end of the day. I paid $12 for everything here including tax and will get a $5 gift card back by mail for the Kellogg's cereals. I saved $99.52 with sales prices and coupons.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I just came across you blog. Thats for the Kmart heads up although Im afraid im goign to be to late as I cant get to Kmart till tommorow. Ilook forward to reading your future post I am a follower now.

Anonymous said...

I had a fairly successful trip.. well for ma anyway lol :) Im still trying to get the hang of couponing. I should have spent around 80 and actually spent 18. I found that some of the things I wanted were gone but there were still deals available on other items!! Happy shopping!! Do you plan to go again?
(FYI I found some coupon books while there called Spring is savings season from Kmart. I found then in the diaper area but also saw some when checking out.)

Katmotley said...

Hi gritsgirl! You did a great job at Kmart! I went back today mainly for the cereal and luckily, they were well stocked.