Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sitting this one out



As I have been couponing for a while, I know that you can't get every deal every time. Still sometimes it's sad to have to miss a deal.

I had planned to hit Fry's today for their Halloween madness sale. It's today from 3pm-9pm only and they have special deals during that time. Unfortunately, I will not get to go. :(

The few things I really wanted were the Bar-s bacon which would be $.47 after coupons and the pop secret popcorn which would be $.38 after coupons and the chocolate chips for $.97 each. If I went, I would have got some of the apples too that were $.99 for a 3lb bag and maybe some of the candy- the wonka bags are $1.67 and there's a $2 printable.

But this morning started with my computer going all wonky and since the deals I wanted needed printable coupons, I couldn't get them to print. So I went to the kid's computer during lunch time (when they would not be doing schoolwork) to try and print some there and it wanted me to install the "coupon printer" again, for like the 100th time! Of course, to do this, you need to be an administrator and my husband had put a password on the admin account so I couldn't get into it. I texted him and he sent me the password, but it didn't work. So still no coupons.

Then I had to drive across town to pick up some gloves for my husband because he needed them for riding his bike and he couldn't get home in time to go get them himself. And I took the kids to the library. Then my two older girls had to leave for their dance group tonight leaving me at home with the 3 youngest ones.

So, now I am at home with no coupons to go shopping with, no babysitters, and I am not going to take these little ones into the "madness" to do some shopping, I will come out with a huge headache.

Of course, about the time my husband gets home and can get me into the admin side to be able to print coupons, I have to leave for my night class and I should get home right about 9:00pm. When the sale ends.

Oh well, you win some and you lose some. So, though it is involuntary, I am sitting this one out. (I'll make up for it with all the other deals this week.) ;)

No comments: