Friday, October 9, 2009

More Albertsons and a little Walgreens








I did some more shopping at Albertsons. I got some more of the same items as before and some stuff they didn't have in stock the first day I went in. On the buy 6, get $3 off sale, I got free: G.G. Steamers, Chex mix, Totinos Pizza rolls, and Progresso Broth. I also got some Pillsbury cinnamon rolls and crescent rolls. I bought 4 at a time of these and used $.50/2 coupons that doubled making them $1 each after coupons and the sale. But when you buy 4, you get a $2.50 OYNO catalina. Which, when used on your next order of the rolls, it brings the price down to $1.50 for four or $.37 each. You can also buy 3 and get $2 back or 5 and get $3 back. The buy 3, get $2 back is the best deal for the catalina part, but my coupons are off of 2, so I am buying in 4's.
On the buy 10 get 3 free conagra deal, I got hunt's can tomatoes for about $.44 a can with $.45/3 coupons, Crunch & munch free after $.35 coupons tripled and banquet meals for about $.60 each with $.60/6 coupons from inside the boxes. Also inside the banquet meal boxes are coupons for $.35/1 of the Banquet sausage. These are $1, so free after coupons are tripled.
I also got more Tony's pizzas. The smaller single serve pizzas are free with the $.50 coupons and the larger family size pizzas are $1.38 each after the $1/2 coupons. Both coupons were from this past Sunday's paper. I found that if you buy the large and small pizzas together, the $.50/1 for the smaller pizzas doubles all the way to $1 giving you some overage. If you buy just the smaller pizzas, these coupons double only to $.88 making them free.
I piked up some bananas which are on sale $.39 a lb and some hamburger that was marked down to $.99 a lb and I used some Walgreens RR to help pay the oop costs.
I have had lots of problems with coupons not scanning or not doubling with this sale, so make sure you watch your coupons and pick a good cashier! I have had two cashiers who were able to fix the coupon issues when they happened and two who really screwed up my totals when the coupons didn't work right! I have paid $11.50 more than I expected to so far because of coupon issues. I am very tempted to go in and run 6 of the same items at a time and do separate orders. That way, only the coupons for that one type of item is coming off the order. At least that way I would know where the problems are. But I probably won't do that unless the store is dead when I get there.





I used up some RR at Walgreens for this 5 lb bag of rice and rolled some into another Vaseline lotion. (That is a monthly deal.) I also picked up some cookies since these are on sale for $1 and I have $1/2 coupons from the Kraft coupon booklet that came out a while back and I also have $.75/2 coupons from the inserts. Not free, but I love my oreos!


No comments: