Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Walgreens is my best friend again





After a few lackluster weeks at Walgreen's (and my grocery stores) I am happy to have some good deals to go after this week. While I did get a few of the free shampoos and toothbrushes last week, you know I really like those money making deals.

Walgreens has two of these right now that I am rolling back and forth. One is the Reach/Listerene deal. You buy 3 items (floss, toothbrush, or mouthwash) for $3 each and get a $6 RR back. This goes great with the $5/3 coupon we got in the inserts last week, making an extra $2 per transaction.

Then there is the colgate toothpaste that is free after RR ($2.99- get $3 RR). Use the $1 Colgate coupon from Sunday's insert and make $1 on each transaction. I have been using the $3 RR for the reach deal and paying $1+tax oop and then using the $6 RR on the colgate deal and getting $4 of grocery items with the overage.

Since my husband's job has messed up his pay for the last two months, we are super tight on our budget right now. So, being able to get groceries with the extra $ at Walgreens really helps.

Some other good deals at Walgreens that I have done at least once:

Bic pens are 2/$1 and are free after $1/2 coupons from Sunday's inserts or printables online.

Both Kellogg's deals are still going on. Cereal- 2/$5 get $2 RR, use $1 coupons and get each box for $.50. Poptarts, keebler cookies, crackers, etc. buy $10 get $5 back. I bought the poptarts and used $1/2 coupons to pay $8 for 5 boxes (used other RR to reduce oop) and got back $5 RR.

Jergen's lotion is $5.99, get $5 RR- I have no coupons for this one.

Campbell's soups $.79 with in-ad coupon, use printable for $1/2 and get them for $.29 each.

Also look for clearance Reach ultraclean toothbrushes to make more money on the Reach RR deal. (I only found one at my stores, but I snatched it up.)

And look for the back to school coupons at the front of the store. (Looks like a pamphlet.) Inside is a coupon for $1/4 Kraft easy mac cups or Velveeta cups. Use with the bogo free coupon on the velveeta cups from the inserts to get them for $.25 each. (These are $1 if you buy 3 or more, or $1.29 each if you buy less than 3.)

And if you haven't heard about the stamps deal yet (it's all over the internet!), look for the clearanced photo stamps kits behind the photo counter. They are $7.19 and they are good for a sheet of 20 photo stamps online. That's $8.80 worth of postage AND you get to put your photo on it! There is a lot of info out there about getting $8 back through Upromise for these, but unfortunately, you can't get the rebate from Upromise (or probably any other cashback/points sites) since you are using a gift code (provided in the kit) online and not actually making the purchase through the Upromise link. Still, it's a good deal to get a discount on stamps and you get to design your own. I'm saving some for Christmas.


No comments: