Friday, August 21, 2009

Save $5 when you buy $25 at Walgreens-Hurry!





I have been super busy this week, so sorry for the late notice. Walgreens has a promotion that's good through tomorrow (Saturday) where you can get a $5 RR when you spend $25 on just about anything. (The usual exclusions apply- postage, gift cards, tobacco, alcohol, etc.)

The good news is the $25 is before coupons! So you can easily put a bunch of deals together and pay very little oop and get the $5 RR back.

I did two quick transactions today while I was out running errands.
The first one I got:
18 Bic highlighters 5pk- on sale for $.39 each. I used 7- $1/2 coupons for $.02 oop
6 Mars candy bars- $.49 each with in ad coupon and used 3 $1/2 coupons- FREE
5 Kellogg's poptarts $2 each- used 2- $1/2 coupons- $8 oop
2 Glade soy candles $3.29 each- used free coupons from inserts- FREE
Also used a $6 RR from last week's Listerine deal and with tax, I paid $3.09 oop.
I got back the $5 RR for spending $25 and also a $5 RR from the poptarts.

The second order I got:
4 Bic highlighters 5pk- $.39 each- used 2-$1/2 coupons and was able to get overage at this store. Made $.44
6 Mars candy bars $.49 each with ad coupon and used 3 $1/2 coupons- FREE
3 Glade soy candles $3.29 each- used free coupons- FREE
1 Softsoap bodywash $3.99- used $2 printable- paid $1.99 oop
1 Conair brush $2.99-no coupons- $2.99 oop
4 Starbucks Frappucino- $1.25 each with ad coupon- used 4-$1 coupons- $.25 each or $1 oop total
Used the $5 RR from poptarts and paid $2.30 with tax and got back the $5 RR when you spend $25, $4 RR for the softsoap, and a $2 RR for the brush.

My stores were all out of the velveeta cups which are free this week with the walgreens coupon (back to school booklet), insert coupons, and $1 RR when you buy 4. Another deal I did not do, but might go back for was huggies wipes. The cheapest box in my stores is $3.29 and if I use the $2 coupon from the back to school booklet and the $.50 insert coupons, they will be $.79 each. Not great, but combine it with the $5 RR wyb $25 and they will be almost free.

Remember the extra $5 RR will not roll, so don't use it on another $25 order or you probably won't get another one. I'm saving mine for next week, but pay attention, they expire 8/31!

No comments: