Thursday, October 23, 2008

State fair day and RX gift cards







Yesterday was homeschool day at the state fair. This means we got in for free and got in early, before the fair opened to the general public. We also got free parking, though we had to walk a little ways. The kids got 3 free rides each by turning in book reports at the fair. It was also $1 rides day, but we didn't buy any extra rides as we all were worn out after everybody rode their 3 free rides. We brought our own lunch, snacks, and water and they had several water stations in the kid's areas, so we were able to refill the bottles easily. We looked at art, crafts, petted lots of different animals, learned how to milk a cow, and played cowboy. There was an awesome kids area with lots of free fun stuff for the kids to do. They bounced and tumbled on gym mats, played with building blocks, and raced around a race track on little cars. We spent over an hour just in this play area.
The only expense for the day was gas and $1 hamburgers for dinner as I was way too tired to cook! We had a lot of fun though and boy did the kid's sleep well last night!





I ran out last night to pick up a prescription for my daughter. I had a $25 gift card coupon from CVS that I got in the mail. Her medication was $9 for my co-pay, so I mde $16! I now have a free $25 gift card to spend at CVS. This is how I get a lot of my gift cards that I use for groceries so I spend even less oop. Of course, when I got home, I found out Safeway had a $30 gift card coupon on their new ad. But it's good through 11/30, so I have time to use it on something else.

No comments: