Sunday, July 20, 2008

Meat-stocking up!

I haven't posted in a week as there's been a lot going on here. We've had kids coming and going to camps, family visiting, birthday parties, and a motorcycle accident. (The accident was DH and then I had to ferry him around for about a week.) I've done a few little trips and gotten some of the deals, but I haven't really been shopping that much lately.
We were running low on meat, so I decided to hit the commissary today and stock up. I used up the last of my KY coupons for this trip, so I'll have to look for more to trade or just wait until these come out again to get more.



I hit the meat freezer for the marked down meats. We got about 30 lbs of meat-mostly pork and beef. They didn't have any chicken marked down today, so I will grab some at Albertsons later this week. I grabbed a few snacks for me and the kids-the Nabisco single serve packs that were free with my coupons, but didn't do any of my other coupon deals today. I just wanted to get the meat today. The cashier did miss one of my KY coupons, so I paid $3 more than I should have. I didn't go back in, though I normally would. But I had the two little ones with me and they had not had any naps today, so they were a little too bouncy and I just said forget it by the time we were finally done.
With the $3 extra I paid $11.64 total, so it should have been $8.64. $4.94 of that was the surcharge and I saved $92 with coupons. I did not add up how much I saved with the mark downs. Not bad, and now I'm stocked on meat. Well at least for a week, LOL. Well, maybe a little longer. Two of my children went to stay with their grandparents for a few weeks, so the meat should last a little longer han normal. They just left this morning and I miss them already. :(

No comments: