Sunday, May 25, 2008

Late night Walgreens trip.

After hitting Albertsons earlier, I still had one more $10 RR and one more $3 RR to use. I headed out to Walgreens around 11:30 pm to use them up. I got two more packs of the string cheese that was $1.50 and used the $3 coupon on those. This store has tax on food, so I paid $.08 for them in tax. Then with the $10 I got the rest. The ball and sunglasses I picked up for my daughters birthday that's coming up in about a week. I'll be hitting CVS up for more stuff for her this week. The breathe right strips were free after coupons and the Claritin was on sale for $7.99 and I had $3 off coupons for each one. BUT, on the shelf right in front of the claritin, they had a tag saying there was a walgreens coupon for $2 off each one in the rebate booklet. When I got to the register, the walgreens coupon didn't work as it was supposed to be for the 30 ct and I got the 10 ct. But since they had the tag there, they gave me the $2 discount on each one anyways. So I got each Claritin for $2.99 with coupons! The tax was $1.91 on this order and my total was $2.67. Totals for both orders:
Total paid: $2.75 cash
Total saved: $29.07

No comments: