Sunday, September 21, 2008

August savings

September has been busy and I haven't had a chance to post in a while. Now I have a little time, I want to post my totals for August. I was doing REALLY good, until the end of the month when I spent a little more than I had planned. I spent more at Walgreens using that $10/$40 coupon than I wanted to, but I still got some great deals. My OOP at Walgreens will be a lot lower for a while when I start using the rebate gift card from August's deals. I just got this in the mail recently and I got $92.13 in rebates! That should last me a couple of months! :) We also had a few "quick trips" to the store for items we needed when I didn't have time to get out and work the deals. These trips are usually at full price and put a dent in my savings. :(
These numbers include everything I bought at grocery or drug stores, including some birthday presents. I got a great deal on a digital camera for my DD birthday at Walgreens. It was originally $129.99 and was marked down to $65.99. I used the $10/$40 coupon and with tax, paid $60.92. And I got a $44 rebate on my gift card for this camera! That's $16.92 after rebate for a digital camera! (This is included in my grocery numbers since I used grocery money for it.)
So, here's how my numbers for August stack up for a family of 8 (one in pullups and several teen girls-high maintenance) and 3 dogs.
Total Retail value of all groceries/HBA, etc: $2775.36
Total store savings (sales prices): $1067.53
Total coupons savings (coupons used): $1258.53
Total spent using gift cards (free gift cards):$33.66
Total spent oop: $395.64
Percent saved: 86%
I also sent in for rebates: $128.92
After rebates will have paid: $266.72
After rebates saved: 90%

Some of the rebates will be on a gift card that I will use in following months to bring my oop totals down. So I count rebates separate here just so I can see what I sent off for. But I will really count those in my totals when I spend them later.
I'm hoping to spend no more than $200 in September, but we'll see how the deals go. :)

No comments: